WHAT WE FACE TODAY IN WHAT HAS BECOME KNOWN AS 'THE CHURCH' (MAN MADE RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS).
People are starving for God and for His Word and Presence inside the buildings we call “church”!
It is clear that something has to change! Somewhere we have lost the true meaning of being the church and have found ourselves on the slippery slopes of having to depend upon keeping people happy and entertained to keep them in church, or lose them to others who do!
There seems to be a lack of interest from many to go to church and if they do, they want to be entertained when doing so.
So churches have become more of an entertainment show than really being a place where people are impacted and affected to grow into a deeper Revelation and relationship with Christ Jesus.
People are tired of religion and religious duties as much as they are tired of being entertained! There is a genuine hunger and thirst after True and the Authentic Christianity (Christ-likeness!)
We see 'churches' (man made institution of religion) dressing themselves up in spectacular light show extravagances, worship teams becoming more compromised and showcasing a style that is more fitting to the contemporary music scene. We see pastors preaching more "presentable sermons" a modern-day people seeking to fit in with a modern-day world. We see what is being branded as 'radical topics' being sidelined in favor of good wholesome, hearty messages of encouragement and upliftment.
To the untrained eye, it seems good and healthy to avoid being too radical and to sideline those things which will cause people to stay away from our meetings. The reality, however, could not be further from the truth. Looking with spiritual eyes, we see that 'the church' has become an empty shell as far as spiritual substance is concerned. People are being fed on junk food and the results are showing. The emphasis is on having a good time and not on growing closer to God. The sermons address the man and his happiness and do not deal with the growth and the development of man to become more spiritual at all.
If we want to be honest we have to admit that the focus has changed to be more materialistic and being happy as individuals in this world. In the process 'the church' (institutions of religion) has begun to striving to deliver and on being excellent, not towards God, but in fulfilling the expectations and the desires of people, in an effort to draw the largest possible crowds and retain the most people.
The principle has simply become, the better you have to satisfy the crowd, the more people you will have. This has caused 'the church' (institutions of religion) to move from being a place of spiritual reformation to becoming a place of where people conforming themselves to the world are at home, rather than a place where people are being transformed by God's Spirit, Power, and Truth!
The sad fact is that this has become an evil cycle, producing more and more people that are less spiritual and more carnal, and 'a church' (a man made institution of religion) aiming to influence and cater to more carnally minded people, rather than being concerned about the condition of their souls or their eternal destiny!
The result is that the God's people have become more sinful and worldly and less concerned about it! Religious turns a blind eye to the carnality and creatively find more ways in which to compromise the Word of God and to water it down in order to make room for the people in their present state of sin and carnality, justifying them and preaching sermons that affirms God's love and grace extended to them, irrespective of their condition of sin!
As we continue to look at this picture, it grows darker and more riddled with unrighteousness and blatant compromise.
The church is moving closer to the world and further away from a Living God calling them to righteousness and holiness. The people are becoming more worldly and less holy. The Word of God is bent, twisted and sometimes plainly buried.
Sinfulness and even the open practice of sin in religious institutions is becoming the norm as we see more and more religious institutions and their leaders opening up to things which the Word of God clearly brands as sin and as the very things that will at the end condemn men and women to an eternal hell.
Sexual perversion, the murder of innocent defenseless lives, casual drinking, immorality, and pastors marrying people who should never marry in the Name of God, are among only a few of the things which we see being welcomed and accepted in many 'churches' (institutions of religion) today.
So clearly things are out of order and far removed from what we see as God's original church and the testimony and account that we have of how they lived and behaved. In fact, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to find any resemblance (anything that looks like) the Word of God in many of the main stream religious institutions of our time!
To understand where the Vision came from you need to pick up your Bible and look for Acts 29. When you do, you will discover that there is no Acts chapter 29 to be found!
ACTS 29 VISION - GOD'S DESIRE FOR HIS TRUE CHURCH
GOD NEVER INTENDED FOR THE BOOK OF ACTS TO COME TO AN END. CHAPTER 28 MAY BE THE LAST RECORDED CHAPTER ON EARTH, BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT WANTED TO CONTINUE TO WRITE CHAPTER 29 AND THIRTY AND THIRTY-ONE AND ON AND ONE. NOT ON PAPER, BUT IN HEAVEN THROUGH THE LIVES OF LIVING EPISTLES THROUGH WHOM GOD COULD CONTINUE HIS WORK ON EARTH, BECAUSE HIS WORK ON EARTH WOULD NEVER END THROUGH HIS CHURCH UNTIL JESUS RETURNS FROM ABOVE!
We believe that God, at this present time wants to restore His true church, not held captive by a religious system or imprisoned in the visions of men and their visions of building their own empires in the Name of the LORD, but His church built as living stones to make a real and practical impact in this world.
What is 29 Vision all about?
In short, it is a soul winning movement of believers who have been drawn together by the Holy Spirit to be taught and equipped to reach their communities and cities and to minister Jesus Christ effectively to men and women everywhere in the Living demonstration of His Spirit and Power.
It is a movement where people are drawn together who are of one mind and one spirit and where they have one common desire burning within their hearts and that is to know Jesus Christ intimately, to experience His Glory and Power in their own lives and to know Him in a special relationship where He becomes the ultimate desire of their soul and the Lover of their hearts. To know Him in a personal and unique way through the revelation of the Holy Spirit.
Secondly, it is a company of people who desire to see all men and women have such a personal knowledge of Jesus and who are willing to give themselves to Him, for Him to use them as vehicles of His Spirit to touch the lives of people in their own communities and neighborhoods. In 29 Vision we build a personal relationship first and bring people to the intimate knowledge of truly knowing Jesus. Once they walk in the light of His Spirit, we equip and teach them the basic and simple ways in which to reach people in order for the Holy Spirit to be able to work through them to impact their lives.
THE ACTS 29 VISION is to see this mission facilitated by:
# Building a revival community and an apostolic faith network around the nation. Bringing people from all backgrounds and church denominations together who share the common vision and passion for revival in their own communities as well as in the nation of South Africa.
# Providing an interdenominational platform where fellowship in the Spirit can be enjoyed by all those who are hungry and truly seek for personal revival, as well as want to be an active part in igniting revival around their communities.
# Creating an infrastructure of sustainable “Spirit-Pools” all over South Africa where those who will be touched, affected and ignited in our crusades, may come and drink and continue to grow in their love and affection for Jesus!
We cannot hope to gather water in a sieve!
We have to be able to gather water into a sustainable pitcher that will allow us to keep that which we bring in to grow it. Going after souls in crusades where the Fire of God is igniting hearts has no end cause unless we also provide a place for them where they may continue to have the Flame of the Spirit fanned in them!
What is our mission?
Our mission includes:
- To teach each believer how to grow into a personal in-depth revelation and relationship with Jesus Christ through His Holy Spirit.
- To teach each believer how to hear and follow the Voice of the Holy Spirit.
- To instill in each believer a desire and hunger to learn more of God and to ignite a passionate Love-Flame of the Holy Spirit in each one that will cause them to be an active, Fire-filled part of the body of Christ.
- To teach each believer how the order of God works and how to appropriately respond and honor the leadership functions that the Lord has placed over them to teach and to lead them.
- To teach each believer the more excellent way and to bring them fresh and dynamic Word impartation that will transform their relationship and walk with the Lord from Glory to Glory.
- To reform each believer from religion and the organized system of the church to become a member or part of the living body of Jesus and to discover their own unique gift in Christ.
- To create and establish a network of fellowships where believers across South Africa where people can gather to worship the LORD in Spirit and in Truth, and where they can be equipped to become active role players in God's Kingdom themselves.
- To multiply these fellowships of believers communities to reach, teach and send more people to become active in building God's Kingdom,
- To have fellowships that provide an informal setting where everyday, ordinary people may come to be ministered to and where restoration, salvation, deliverance and a deep personal growth may be experienced by all who come.
- To provide pure Spirit inspired teaching. Pure worship and lifestyle, and a pure flow of the Holy Spirit in the lives of people.
- To create a place where people are free to worship God in the freedom and liberty of the Holy Spirit, without any limitation or religious rhetoric.
- To provide in depth personal growth through true discipleship, as well as ministry equipping by means of both teachings as well as practical training programs in order to prepare people to play an active role in ministry.
- It is the church where everyone is a member and a living stone and where God uses each stone to build His Kingdom on earth.
- It is the church coming together to worship.
- It is a church that is built with people and not with bricks.
- It is a church where each member cares about the well being of the other members of this body.
- We understand that our identity is not in an organization, but in Jesus Christ, who is the Head and Leader of our movement and that the name merely serves to identify what He called us to do for Him on earth.
The FELLOWSHIP OF THE BELIEVERS is the direct fruit of this Vision and is a practical vehicle that is bringing this Vision into fulfillment as the outworking of that which God had ignited within our hearts.